The application process:
- demonstrates the importance of contributing to your community
- stresses the need for income
- has the kid focus on their strengths
- gets the parents involved
- opens up the conversation to things like references and past job experience
This is my application
Applications are due by the end of the first week. Anyone who doesn't turn in an application will be assigned a job at the end. I have not had that problem. Usually the kids are super excited to turn theirs in.
They will read through the Classifieds given to them on the first day of school and decide which job or jobs they want to apply for and why.
I make sure students understand that these jobs are in addition to their job as a student.
Every student in my class is held accountable for their behavior, materials, organization, and
Help Wanted & Classifieds